Sunday, September 21, 2008

Buy a PC or build one yourself

Custom PC or buy one?

The whole reason for building your own PC is to put what you want in it.
How may GB's of RAM do you want?
How many GB's of Internal memory do you want
Do you play PC games, if so what graphics card do I need?

Stuff like that, and there are many other reasons, but those are just a few reasons to think of if you want to build your own computer.

With buying a pre-built computer you have to deal with branding, because that is really all you are paying for (HP, Sony, Toshiba, Gateway, Dell, etc...). The second factor your buying into is the labor of the assembly of that computer. But here are a few reasons to buy a PC.

I don't know how to build a computer...
I don't have the time to build a computer...
I can probably find the kind of computer I need from a manufacturer such as HP or Sony...

But really I see no benefit to buying a computer compared to building one yourself. There are multiple videos on youtube showing you how to build a computer. And there are other sites that can teach you how. To be completely honest, I watched like 10 videos on youtube on how to build a computer and I built mine.

If I had bought my computer with the exact some specs, it would probably cost about $1500 dollars or more. I only paid about $1000 dollars for my PC in total.

It's even possible to find a computer store and you can buy the parts you want and have the PC store build it for you. You would basically pay for the assembly, but you get what you want.

Here are the specs of my computer:

- 4GB RAM
- 300 GB Internal Memory Hard Drive
- Intel Duo Core Processor 2.8Ghz
- nVidia geForce 8400 graphics card
- DVD/CD reader/burner combo
- 9 in 1 Media Card reader (Micro SD's and that sort)
- MSI p35 Intel chip set motherboard
- Thermaltake computer tower
- Windows Vista Home Premium

Cost - $1000

No comments: