Thursday, October 2, 2008

College

College

Why is college so important?
It is the best way to learn what you need to know about what you are interested in (Besides first hand experience).
It gets you prepared for what to expect in the subject your learning.
In high school, that doesn't happen, sure you can take some elective classes, but it will be no where near the kind of experience you would get if you went to college to learn it.
The purpose of college is higher education, that is why they are given these names that establishes themselves from other types of schools...Institute, University, Ivy League...
I just finished going to my Orientation for college at The Art Institute. The instructors that gave speeches preached about how college in general is the ultimate step in pursuing that dream job you want.
"I've always wanted to make movies."
"I've always wanted make video games."
"I've always wanted to do advertising."
"I've always wanted to act."
"I've always wanted to design web pages."
etc...etc...
With college, these statements are given a push into existence. Sure someone could have no college experience what so all and end up doing what your doing, but that is what makes you a step ahead of them, you learn that step he had to learn on his own, now all you have to do is work on improving that skill and thinking up new ways of doing it.

With high school, they give you enough knowledge to hold your own in life. And even then it may not cut it. College is that step that puts you from poverty to middle class, and even into the rich. But nothing comes without hard work, and unless you are totally anal about school, with a 4.0 gpa in high school, most students didn't care about school because they were'nt interested. When it comes to work that you can have fun with, something you can work on for 5 hours at once, and think you only worked for 1 hour, and you realize this, that is when you know you made the right decision.

I entered AI (Art Institute) because i wanted to learn something I was interested in. My major is Web Design/Interactive Media. And I know that college will be the best experience I will have for a long time.

No comments: